- This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is made pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and it describes how PENANG DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, a body corporate incorporated under the Penang Development Corporation Enactment, 1971 and having its office at Bangunan Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu, No. 1, Pesiaran Mahsuri, Bandar Bayan Baru, 11909 Bayan Lepas, Penang and PDC’s subsidiaries and associate companies (collectively “PDC”) use your Personal Data.
- By engaging PDC to provide services or by interacting with PDC either at our events, conferences, seminars, talks or otherwise, or by using the PDC website (www.pdc.gov.my) or the Dedaun website (www.dedaun.my) or any other website created by PDC or its subsidiaries (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Website”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by PDC and all persons involved in the provision of services by PDC.
- PDC shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on our Website. By continuing to communicate with PDC or by continuing to use PDC’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
- In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided to PDC, such as your name, NRIC number, address, telephone number, email address, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by PDC from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to PDC directly i.e. during your communications with PDC and/or when you engage PDC to provide services, PDC may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by PDC and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
- The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, PDC may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you the services you require or (iii) access certain sections of the Website where logging in is required.
- If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may configure your internet browser to deactivate or delete the cookies.
Purposes of Processing
- PDC may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of PDC which shall include, without limitation:
(a) to communicate with you;
(b) to respond to questions and comments from you;
(c) for internal administrative purposes;
(d) to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
(e) for PDC to comply with its obligations under the law;
(f) in circumstances where delay or default of payment occurred, to supply to our appointed lawyers, debt collecting agencies, credit reporting agencies and trade reference listings;
(g) to disclose to any person who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential;
and you agree and consent to PDC using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
- PDC may also use and process your data for other purposes such as, by way of email or mail or other methods of communication:
(a) to send you materials such as newsletters, articles, write-ups as well as other updates;
PDC & PDCP PDPA Notice 07032019
(b) to distribute information or details of events, seminars, conferences and talks which may be of interest to you;
(c) to send as potential referees to:
(i) editors/researchers in ranking legal publications and journals;
(ii) potential clients who request for referees of past work in requests for proposals, tenders, submissions.
- If you do not consent to PDC processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed in paragraph 10, please notify PDC using the contact details stated in Section 14 below.
Transfer of Personal Data
- As PDC’s information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your personal data may be transferred out of Malaysia for the purposes as described in Section 10(c) where such ranking legal publications and journals and/or potential clients are located outside of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- PDC may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on PDC’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties including but not limited to those listed below:
(a) information technology (IT) service providers;
(b) data entry service providers;
(c) storage facility providers;
(d) banks and financial institutions;
(e) insurance providers;
(f) any professional advisors and external auditors;
(g) regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
(h) debt collecting agencies;
(i) credit reporting agencies; and
(j) such other party as PDC deems necessary for the purposes mentioned in Section 9 above.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from PDC by contacting:
Bahagian Pembangunan Perumahan
Telephone No.: [+6046139999] , [+6046341111] , [+6045050001] Facsimile No.: [+6046340235 ]
- In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, PDC has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
- 16. Please confirm your consent to PDC processing your personal data as described above by signing below.
I agree to this Personal Data Protection Notice and the processing of my Personal Data by PDC.